Government Contracting


Procurement Technical Assistance Center
– Your Official source for Government Contacting Assistance
– Step-by-step assistance in securing government contracts

PTAC helpful links
PTAC notification of contract opportunities

Local Office:


Contact: Cindy Roberts – Regional Manager
Office Ph: (435) 760-7937; Cell: (435) 720-7883
Fax: (435) 753-5709

Hours:   Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday 9am – 3pm

Located at : Cache Business Resource Center
BATC West Campus
1410 North 1000 West, Rm 1901B
Logan, UT 84321


Last year, PTAC helped Utah companies land more than $700 million in government contracts.  What’s PTAC? How can your business carve its own slice of that revenue? Keep reading…

Government contracts are a two-sided opportunity: They create growth within a particular market while also providing a substantial revenue boost, but they also involve a maze of procedures and paperwork that can discourage entrepreneurs. The good news is that Utah’s Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) levels the playing field and opens the door to government contracts.
To help your business with each phase of government contracting (federal, state, local), counselors lead one-on-one and group instruction to help companies identify the right opportunity and the right approach. And, with seven offices throughout the state, PTAC assisted in the completion of more than $700 million in contracts last year for Utah small businesses.

Dig into the details of government contracting by following the links on this page. It’s easier than you think. We promise.

There are a couple of important registrations required for doing business with the federal government. In order to complete them, you must obtain a Data Universal Numbering System ID, or DUNS Number. This is a key identification used in registering for federal contracting. The second registering is SAM. It can be obtained by going to: This registration is a basic requirement for doing business with the federal government. It is used by agencies and large prime contractors to learn about your business when you make contact with them regarding contracting and subcontracting opportunities. Also, and importantly, it is through this site that you will be paid after having received a contracting award. There are other registrations required by various agencies, but these two are important for all government contracting opportunities.

Utah State Gov Site About PTAC

Sam GOV System For Award Management

PTAC Helpful Links/ Avoid Fees

Here is the form for Intent to Receive PTAC Client Services, Logan

The following resource pages could be of interest to potential PTAC clients:

• SAM Resources (

• Selling to the Defense Logistics Agency ( )

• DIBBS Resources (

• Women-owned Small Business Contracting (

• APTAC’s Blog – Government Contracting Intelligence, which already has posts on Pricing, Disaster Preparation and Contracting, and Cyber Security (

Beware of ‘government vendor registration’ websites that charge a fee!

We’ve previously alerted you to the existence of websites which unnecessarily lead businesses to pay a fee to be registered in government databases such as SAM, the System for Award Management (see, for example,
Now, we want to make you aware of other websites that purport to get businesses registered to do business with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) — for a hefty fee, of course.
Please be aware of the fact that commercial websites (.com websites, in other words) are just that — commercial. When a commercial website advertises to help you with the process of registering to do business with the government, there’s almost always going to be a fee involved. On the other hand, government websites (designated as .gov) offer free advice and registration.
One commercial website — currently running an aggressive advertising campaign directed at businesses — solicits vendors to fill out a “FEMA Contract Registration Form.” Once the form is filled out and submitted on-line, applicants receive the following message: “Thank you for submitting your information. We will be in contact with you shortly. Click below to make a payment of $500.00 for this service.” By clicking on the “Buy Now” button, you’ll be directed to a site to pay $500.00 via a PayPal account for “FEMA Registration.”
Please know that FEMA does not charge any money to register as a vendor to do business with them. And neither does any other federal agency.
In order to register as a potential vendor to FEMA, we recommend you:
1. Visit FEMA’s official website at There, you are given instructions to register in SAM and then download FEMA’s Vendor Profile Form at
2. Read the instructions for submitting FEMA’s Vendor Profile Form – for free. The instructions are located at:
To receive assistance with any aspect of vendor registration with any government agency at no cost, please feel free to contact the Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center. Our contact information is at: team-directory.
If your business is located outside the state of Georgia, you can get free help from the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) nearest you. For a map of locations and complete contact information for PTACs nationwide, please visit:


Looking for manufactured parts, components, sub-assemblies, etc.? USE UCAN to identify in-state manufacturers, certifications and capacity. Contact UMA for more information.   (801) 363-3885